falling into the past

past but Jesus

THE PAST
We all have one.  Maybe even one that we would like to forget.  Or at least parts of it....


I was having a conversation with G-d about mine.  At first, He was talking to me about His love and how that is one of the most important concepts to grasp.  If I am honest, I think this is something that I will never fully understand.  BUT even as I write that I am reminded that Paul prayed for us to "fully comprehend" G-d's love, so it is not an impossibility.


"For this reason [grasping the greatness of this plan by which Jews and Gentiles are joined together in Christ] I bow my knees [in reverence] before the Father [of our Lord Jesus Christ], from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name [God—the first and ultimate Father]. May He grant you out of the riches of His glory, to be strengthened and spiritually energized with power through His Spirit in your inner self, [indwelling your innermost being and personality], so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through your faith. And may you, having been [deeply] rooted and [securely] grounded in love, be fully capable of comprehending with all the saints (God’s people) the width and length and height and depth of His love [fully experiencing that amazing, endless love]; and [that you may come] to know [practically, through personal experience] the love of Christ which far surpasses [mere] knowledge [without experience], that you may be filled up [throughout your being] to all the fullness of God [so that you may have the richest experience of God’s presence in your lives, completely filled and flooded with God Himself]."

 Ephesians 3:14-19 AMP   

Back to my conversation with G-d. 

As we were talking about His love, He brought me back to my past.  He basically showed me this HUGE black sheet that He just placed right over it all.  From then on all I could see was "nothing."  G-d and I kept talking and He reminded me of this awesome message I heard from Bethel Church a couple weeks ago.  (I highly recommend it!  Wait 'til you get to the car part).  

The next thing G-d showed me was pretty intense.  All of a sudden I saw this person falling backwards into their past.  As they did that, they fell on to a few large wooden spikes.  They were completely run through from behind.  Thank goodness, G-d is so kind, there was no blood or anything, but man...

That's when my vision stopped.  

If I'm honest, this has all been a bit disturbing for me to think about.  It has also been an interesting reality to wrap my mind around.  The truth of the matter is that Jesus paid for my past so I don't have to live there anymore!  I am (AND YOU!) are a NEW CREATION in Christ!  Praise Jesus!  

When I think about the vision, He [Jesus] shed His blood on the cross for me, so my own blood wasn't shed, even as I fell into my past.  WOW!  ...speechless.......................


So back the beginning.  We all have a past but the good thing is that it doesn't define me (or you).  The reality is: YOU are NEW!  You were bought with a very high price because YOU are worth it.  And I am worth it.  

My hope and prayer is that by sharing this that it brings some freedom to you.  The past is just a thing that we all have, like an elbow.  But just because I have an elbow doesn't make me an elbow.  It seems silly but it's true.  

You are precious. 

You are loved.

You are adored.

You are highly valuable.

You are thought about.

Comments

Popular Posts